Wednesday, August 14, 2013

In honor of the new school year: two extremely wonderful meatloaf recipes:

     This is the one I made tonight, the night before school begins. It's a Sarah Moulton derivation, very good indeed. It's not overly fussy, which is key, and the taste is superior to most other recipes I've tried before I found this one. The cooking technique is a bit unusual, and makes for a better, more evenly cooked loaf:

foodiewife-kitchen.blogspot.com/2009/03/blue-plate-special-very-best-meatloaf.html


     The second recipe is from Nigella Lawson; she calls it 'Ed's Mother's Recipe. Well done Ed's mother, is all I can say. It's got a cooked egg in the middle, which makes for a good meatloaf sandwich, and it's cooked not with a glaze per se, but strips of bacon draped over the loaf. It struck me as hilarious, the first time I started the bacon draping, but it makes sense; everything is better with bacon:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/nigella-lawson/eds-mothers-meatloaf-recipe/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment