Tuesday, July 16, 2013

video about bullying, upworthy link

This is a clip I saw on Upworthy (http://www.upworthy.com/the-only-time-its-ok-to-make-a-kid-cry-in-front-of-his-entire-school-is-right-here). Upworthy is pretty terrific. The site pushes important links, articles, graphics, vids, etc.; very user friendly. I think it's a good idea, and for the most part I appreciate the stuff I find there. This particular clip is quite powerful. Teens and kids have a metric crap ton of information being dumped on them daily. Anything that can break through the overload and deliver such a good, if brief, message is well done, in my opinion. I don't think bullying will ever go away. Some people just seem to be unable to help themselves from targeting other people. But I think it's possible to make bullying socially loathsome; something the average person just wouldn't do, anymore than they'd go to the bathroom in front of the class. I think that's the only way to diminish bullying: to make it taboo.



No comments:

Post a Comment